Sunday 26 June 2011

Sunshine shenanigans

The sun was shining the birds were singing...anyone would have thought that it was summer here in Sydney.

Perfect weekend. Early morning run down to the Opera house and meander through the botanical gardens, followed by some Paddington Markets action with my cousin (picked up a gorgeous black felt hat as shown in the pic below - I am in love), and lunch down at Opera Bar watching the ferries come in and out, even sneaked in a gelato treat to top it off.

Yummy beetroot, pinenut and labnah (yoghurt cheese) salad.

Cuzzy catch up time


Sunday was a very productive day on the creative front. I mocked up the bodice of the vintage dress that I am making for Mazzy so that I can get the fit right before I cut it for real :S few minor alterations needed but almost there. 

The green dress is what I am attempting to make for Mazzy. Simply stunning. 

We then spent the afternoon up on the roof of Mazzys apartment in Kings X doing some creative brainstorming and planning for our little business (followed by tea and cake). Finally decided on a name - fingers crossed we can register it!!! All coming along nicely now, just have to keep up the momentum.


Found the best bakery in the cross called Infinity Sourdough Bakery - highly recommend the pumpkin, lentil and feta pie (and a piece of vanilla cake for after). yummo!


And yes the blazer is coming along. Multitasking is what I am about lol. Did I mention that I have lamb shanks cooking away for dinner tonight. Smelling amazing and making my stomach grumble.

Oh also bought (acquired for a few bottles of vino) a stunning antique side board / dresser from Mazzys lovely friend Anna, I now have a sewing space so can move my machines from taking up half of the dining room table lol. It has the most stunning legs and detailing - will have to post some photos once it arrives, as that is the next challenge moving it from hers to ours.

Till we meet again.

Nic xx

1 comment:

  1. Yay Nic, sounds like the perfect day. Cannot wait to find out what you've decided to call you business! Super duper excited for you xx

    ReplyDelete