Sunday 12 June 2011

Long Weekends

I love long weekends, just not the kind that consist of constant rain :( oh well means that I can finally make a start on one of my projects that I have been putting off for a while.

So I thought that I would take on the challenge of making a tailored blazer. I have never attempted one before so either this is going to turn out fabulous or an utter disaster (fingers crossed that it's the first).

I decided to do a bit of mix and matching to get the style and cut that I wanted, bit of the old with the new. So with one pattern that I 'acquired' from my Nana, and one that I bought from Spotlight I planned my attack. Fabric choice was a heavy grey suiting for the outside and a satin grey leopard print for the lining. Will post updates on how I am progressing and I hope that it doesn't end up in the bottom of my sewing box along with an unfinished tailored dress I was making for work (ooops).

Wish me luck.

The other things that kept me occupied this long weekend were:
- Catching up with my Contiki peeps (love you guys)
- Chilling out with a cuppa on the couch reading the Sunday Telegraph (inspiration found)
- Waking up to the rain pounding on the roof outside (such a soothing sound)
- Popping the cherry on my new slow cooker (i heart u - nom nom nom beef and red wine casserole)
- Starting a new cross stitch (pics to come)
- Playing with my camera



loving the sleek monotone look with grey pants (hmm maybe next time)

This little guy was in out back courtyard when I was hanging out the washing


 nothing brightens up a room like fresh flowers - in love with the Everleigh markets

snapped these beautiful lilies when I was at the Jurong Bird Park in Singapore the other month

All in all it has been a very relaxing and fun filled weekend.

Stay tuned.

Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment