Friday 17 June 2011

Field Trip

So today was an interesting day.

As part of our business venture my friend Maree and I, along with my flatmate Gillian, piled into Marees little car and took the 50min trip deep into the western burbs of Sydney.

Today we ventured all the way to Cabramatta!

I hear you gasp! 'Why would you go out there??' (For those who live in the Eastern suburbs know that you don't really travel any further than the Anzac or Harbour bridges....)

Well I say, this is where you go to get the best deals on fabric (John Street). And deals we did get. I was so surprised at the variety and number of reams they can fit into their tiny shops, along with all the trimmings - I was in heaven.

It was a successful trip, shopping bags full of gorgeous fabric, tummy's full of amazing (cheap) noodles, and eyes opened to a side of Sydney that I didn't even know existed. We may venture out there again.

Now to take all this fabric and turn it into something spectacular. The plans are underway (finally!!!) to start up our own boutique childrens clothing business - all based off of vintage patterns might I add.

Keep your eyes open for updates on a side project that I am doing for Maree. She is off to a wedding in Scotland in October and wanted something stunning to wear, so delving into my bag of patterns we found a stunning 1950s vintage dress and gorgeous deep blue heavy satin fabric to make it out of.  All I can say is Mad Men! Fabulous.



Till next time.
Nic

2 comments:

  1. I grew up nearby & agree the food + fabric is fabulous. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Western 'burbs for their culture! The food is also amazing. Never been to Cabramatta though. I'm so so excited to see your new business venture unfold! :)))

    ReplyDelete