Sunday 19 June 2011

Tedious times

So quick update.

Spent Sunday afternoon converting one of my Nanas vintage patterns to modern sizing. All I can say is that the 1950s woman was tiny! For a pattern that is supposed to be a 14 it actually equates to about a modern day size 10. So if I was alive in the 1950s I would be a size 18!!! How depressing is that lol.

Also managed to get all the overlocking for my blazer done - about 30 pieces in total. My overlocker certainly got a workout. Now just to find the time to sew it all together. I am excited as the hard part is now over and now comes the fun part.

Will load up some photos of the dress soon. It is going to look stunning. I think I might need to make a couple for myself. Something different to the usual black outfits that I wear out to events.

Till next time.

Nic xx

2 comments:

  1. Funny how sizing has changed! Wow! Cannot wait to see this blazer come together xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its scary, we all have to lay off the pies.

    ReplyDelete