Monday 30 January 2012

Wedding Bells..

Before you go getting any ideas I'm not the one getting married! lol.

Mazzy is counting down to her big day in April, so being the awesome friend that I am I have been helping here tick off a few items on the never ending wedding task list. We got up bright and early on Saturday morning to hit the the Sydney flower markets to get some ideas for table decorations and bouquets (this place is amazing BTW and oh so cheap, never buying flowers from florists ever again). Her house is now filled with jars and jars of flowers, smelling oh so sweet.

Lovely vintage feel

Now that she has also locked in her bridesmaid dresses I thought that I better start to think about what I am going to wear. Sad to see that all the pretty summer dresses in the shops are already being replaced by autumn stock!! We haven't even seen summer in Sydney yet, sob sob.

I was going to make something to wear, but considering my 6 month no shopping pact will end on the 1st April (yay!!) there is no better reason to buy something new to wear. It's been hard not buying anything off the rack for the last 4 months, however the discovery of some wicked vintage sites has saved our sanity.

Love the idea of a one shoulder dress (if the tan evens out before then)

Since its an evening wedding I am toying with the idea of a full length dress - love the blue one.

Love the silver belt detail for a bit of bling - means that I wouldn't have to worry about what jewellery to wear

Should really steer away from black but its just so flattering

I really like the lace detail

Simple, classic with a sexy edge

Hmm sooo many ideas, might need to do some reconnaissance in the shops to see what is there. Does putting something on lay by break my no shopping promise even if I am not paying it off till April?? Tehehe

Till next time
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment