Tuesday 10 January 2012

Buttons, buttons, whos got the buttons?

Well hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and NYs! Sad to be back at work already, could really have done with another week off lounging on the beach reading my book.

Over the break I managed to get my craft on and this was the result (would have done more but there was some serious beach time to be had).....



I had loads of fun making this lamp (which was inspired by one that I saw on Pinterest) and buring my fingers with the hot glue gun. It was super easy, take one lamp (found), new lampshade (Target $10) and a bag of random buttons (Lindcraft have bags for $8) and get glueing.


As you can see I didn't have enough to cover the whole lamp but decided to make it in a wave type pattern so that it didn't look like I ran out :)


I have to say that when the lamp is turned on its pretty cool. Now I just need to work out where I am going to put it.


On another note, I previously made two paperbag waist skirts for myself, however I was inspired by the ones that I made for my little cousins in my last post so I decided to join them together and made a reversible one for myself.....


Well hope I inspired you to get recycling.

Till next time.
Nic xx

No comments:

Post a Comment