Sunday 15 January 2012

Going dotty

So with all the rain we had this weekend it was the perfect time to sit behind my sewing machine and get through a few projects that I have on my list.

Firstly, as shown in my last post I purchased a wicked blue and white polka dot dress from re:new vintage which  needed a bit of altering to fit right. I altered the height of the waist to bring it up a bit, as well as taking it in on the sides.

Before....

Before....

Removed the skirt and shortened the top half 

Took in the side seams

Ta da! Finished product

The other task on my cards was to make a pair or polka dot shorts (Simplicity 2258)


Cannot wait to wear these with a crisp white singlet and heels or flats

 

This is the second dress that I purchased. Love it!!

Till next time.
Nic xx


No comments:

Post a Comment